Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pumpkin and Cranberry Muffins (Grain-Free)

What I love about cranberries is the way they make my mouth pucker. My teeth pop them open and the acidic juice quirts out. Just thinking about eating one of these muffins is making my saliva start to run. Does that happen to you when you think about eating sour foods?


I made these muffins from the book Practical Paleo, which is written by Diane Sanfilippo (the blogger behind Balanced Bites). I took them with me to my Monday bootcamp session and we ate them afterwards as a post-workout refueling treat.

They are grain-free - they are made with coconut flour instead of grain flour. Coconut flour is more expensive than grain flours but you use a relatively small amount when baking. Coconut flour needs lots (and lots) more liquid by proportion than grain flours. So these muffins have an amazing 6 eggs as well as pumpkin puree, butter, and honey. In contrast there is only a half cup of coconut flour.


Have you baked with coconut flour before?
Do you like sour foods like cranberries?


Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails