Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Balsamic Chicken

My favourite camera lens is broken right now. I discovered this just after I plated this balsamic chicken and was ready to take pictures. My friend, Jess, was coming over to eat with Anthony and I; I had finished cooking about ten minutes early in order to snap some pictures. But after one shot, the camera showed an error message: "Communication between the camera and lens is faulty". Oh no!


I switched the camera off and on again (the universal fix for technology?). I was able to take one more picture (which is above) before the error message popped up again. However, the light meter and auto focus both didn't work, hence the courgettes are in focus and the chicken is not. In the end I decided that I really like this picture.... It's hugely overexposed but we'll just call that a "feature" and leave it at that!

At any rate, the dinner had to go on even though the food photography was not perfect. Jess, Anthony, and I really liked our food and there was enough left over to send home to Jess' husband. I served the chicken with some courgettes and buckwheat, to the latter I added four sliced garlic cloves and a huge amount of butter (yummy!).

Balsamic Chicken with Garlic
adapted from Flavours by Donna Hay
serves 4

4 portions of chicken (breast, thigh, or your favourites)
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 c stock
1 garlic clove, minced

Combine all the ingredients in a large container and allow to marinate for 20 minutes, turning once.
Remove the chicken and keep the marinade.
Pan fry the chicken in a little oil for 4 minutes per side, then add in the marinade. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened a little (about 5 minutes).

It is my usual practice to name little problems as "features" and then just get on with life. It simplifies everything instead of worrying. And now I will send the lens off to Canon to be fixed.

This dish is part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. If you want to join us, next week we are making broccoli, bacon, and quinoa fritters. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes.

Do you have a tip for dealing with an annoying, little problem?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails